Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Making UFO Progress



I've spent the last two days working on my 4th UFO for the year. It was at the stage of 12 blocks so I've sashed them and put the top together and today I machine quilted it. Now I've sewn the binding down and just have to hand stitch it down to finish it. I wanted to get it ready for TV viewing tonight as Australia are playing Sth Africa in a Test Match. There's also the Commonwealth Games which started today so I'm planning on doing some handwork while they feature events I like to watch. Now I'm off to put the blocks for my 5th UFO into a top. I seem to stall when the blocks are made as that is the stage that most of my UFOs are at. What stage do you all stall at or is it different according to each project?
Here's another art quilt from the AQC as well as a close-up of the stitching. There was incredible detail in this piece.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Although I have UFO's in all stages the one thing I put off the most is loading a quilt on the longarm.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

LOL...I agree wtih mary!
Hugs
Laurie

8:59 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

borders or bindings----ugh

11:16 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Well, I LOVE to make blocks and sometimes will just make blocks for the heck of it with no particular project in mind - so maybe that doesn't count.

So, I would have to say - the borders. I have to be in the mood to crawl around on the floor and all. Sometimes I will just make myself do 2 sides at a time and then in a few days it will be done.

I send my tops out to be quilting - and happily pay the extra to have the binding put on (by machine) at the same time - so no worries about the quilting/binding part - phew!

The hardest part for me? Picking the next pattern to do! Just starting. So, I've made myself a list...

Cheers!

Evelyn

12:03 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

unusual quilt Jan...good for you to move along on your ufos...

8:07 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hurray for another UFO done! That calls for a celebration! And I must say, it's a very interesting quilt that you are ready to bind..really incredible detail..oh my!!

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home