Thursday, February 16, 2006

More UFOs


I couldn't resist adding another close-up of one of my favourite quilts at AQC. I love feather quilting but will probably have to continue to do them with hand quilting as my machine quilting isn't good enough yet. I must post a photo of one of my blue and cream quilts with hand quilted feathers.
I'm still plugging away on sewing up my box of 3.5" sqs into 4 patch blocks and I'm about to move onto the 4.5" size. They will be set with plain alternate blocks and it will be good to clear some of them away.
Not satisifed with having an unlisted number of my own UFOs to work on, I bought 2 more sets of vintage blocks to piece into quilts. It was the first time I've bought from ebay and now I'm strongly resisting checking out any more possible buys. I love rescuing old quilts, tops and blocks but need to work on what I have now. I'll post photos when they arrive. Of course just looking can't hurt can it? No I better not just yet!

5 Comments:

Blogger Patti said...

What a pretty dresden plate - and such beautiful quilting.

Can't wait to see your "new" blocks!

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no Jan! You've got eBay Pox as well as Quilt Pox - yikes!! This quilt is stunning - feathers are my favourite.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Jan...you feathers look AWESOME...i say go for machine quilting them! ;o)
Hugs
Laurie

5:44 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Those are some pretty feathers!

Judy L.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I've bought some blocks and tops off ebay too - I made myself stop looking because all but 2 of the tops have now become MY UFO's.

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home