Monday, February 13, 2006

Cleaning out batting


I've worked the last 3 days and have today off which is lucky as Australia is playing Sri Lanka in the final of one day cricket. While I was waiting for the game to start I've been making large cushions for Stephanie's class room. It's her first teaching job and she has grades 2 and 3 and wanted some large cushions for her room. I'm using fabric which wasn't suitable for quilts and stuffing them with all those bits of batting I've had taking up room in the sewing room. I've made one and half filled another, hopefully the sewing room will look emptier but it hasn't happened yet.
The photo is one of an Art Quilt from the AQC. The cigarette butts and bottle tops are real. I love these types of quilts but I'm not artistic enough to make them myself. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Debra Dee said...

This is a great quilt. I am with you when it comes to making art quilts. I think I am too practical. I always as myself, if it doesn't have a function why am I investing my time. I guess I need to change my way of thinking. LOL

10:44 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Neat quilt except for the cigarette butts - euwwww!!!!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Jan Mac said...

yes all the sandals are real too. and there are small stones and parts of corks ontop of them as well as cigarette butts and bottle tops. I guesss they represent what you can pick up on your sandals at the beach. LOL

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home