Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Multi-tasking

I've been doing my usual multi-tasking on my projects. Yesterday I was finishing off a crochet blanket by joining the sqs together and today I'll be working in the edging. I also made nine patch blocks for a swap and quilted a top, as well as the usual household chores.
This afternoon I have to work so there won't be much done craft-wise. I want to get the blanket finished to send to the Pakistan earthquake victims. I've found I have enough sqs on hand to make another 1 and a half blankets too. I just crochet the sqs when I have time for hand work and keep them in a plastic tub. When the tub gets too full then I put them together into blankets. Looks like I need to crochet a few more sqs for more blankets and take some time to watch cricket on TV.

7 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Welcome to Stash Busters Jan! We're happy to have you! I look forward to seeing more of your charity quilts!
Hugs
Laurie

6:51 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Sounds like you're very productive with both your crochet and quilting! I admire you and others who make so many charity quilts and look forward to seeing more pictures. Welcome to Stash Quilts.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Welcome, I'm happy you're joining us! It's wonderful that you are making blankets for such a good cause and you get so much done! I look forward to reading more about your work!

5:26 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

Welcome! It sounds like you're extremely productive. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

I share your interest in doing quilts for charity-I do the same for another group, we focus on orphans around the world-though we have sent quilts to similar situations as you do. thanks for sharing your quilts and being a part of stash quilts! Cher

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

Hi Jan!

I've refound my love for crochet too...especially when my quilting callouses are too sore to want to keep quilting, or my eyes are too tired to want to really see in focus....crochet is great! I'm working on an afghan right now, kind of a lacy pattern in very soft cream yarn...it feels good through my fingers! What pattern are your crochet squares? Are they granny squares?

Bonnie

3:17 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Happy 2006, Jan! A late greeting -- I'm just getting caught up on blog reading

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home