Thursday, February 09, 2006


Another busy week with my birthday as well. I took the day off and went to see Walk the Line with my DH, Ray. We really enjoyed the movie and met up with my sister for coffee afterwards. Ray went off to cricket practice and my sister and I chatted for 2 hours LOL. Now I'm busy quilting again and have 6 quilts waiting for binding. I finished the rainbow scarf and have knitted 2 hats as well. I didn't work on any of my UFOs though. The photo shows part of a handquilted wholecloth quilt by Narelle Grieve. She was awarded the Rajah Award last year in recognition of her contribution to quilting in Australia. She is known for her handquilting. I took the photo at the Australasian Quilt Convention a couple of weeks ago and will share some more photos soon. Back to the charity quilts for now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cher said...

I have admired Narelle's work through articles in Australia P & W magazine-wow, to be able to see it in person-awesome quilt. thanks for sharing.

8:53 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

When I grow up I wanna quilt like Narelle. That is stunning work.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Narelle's work is so inspiring! She makes so many gorgeous quilts - big ones too - by hand! I have it in mind to do a wholecloth one day.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

by the way, a belated happy birthday!!!! glad you did something fun

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home