Friday, January 06, 2006

Back again

Well it's been a difficult week. We had temperatures of 112 degrees F for a few days which put our phone and internet service out of action. Hopefully they have fixed the problem now as it happened last summer too. It's not usually that hot here so I'm hoping it doesn't happen again. Then our air conditioning broke down so we repaired that with DH climbing on the roof to replace the motor. Then yesterday I woke to find our neighbour's cows had eaten what little garden I have. They even ate almost all my little lemon tree which had just started to bear fruit.
As for my quilting, I managed to get some quilts finished in the evening when it cooled dwon a bit as well as cutting more fabric into sqs for simple quilts. I'm also finishing off the second crochet blankets and I still have one left to put together. Better get ready for work again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Jan,
WOW...that is hot! And to have the AC go out too. Makes me shudder! I hope things calm down for you and life goes back to routine!
Hugs
Laurie

8:41 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Goodness . . sounds like whatever could go wrong did. I think I might be filling my freezer with beef!!

112 is really hot!

Judy

9:54 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

thank goodness for cooler evenings and being able to quilt then! Cher

11:08 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

Glad you were able to get some work done - being productive always makes me feel better.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home