Saturday, March 04, 2006

3rd UFO finished


I didn't finish off any UFOs in January but did manage to get 3 done for February. I've also bought fabric for sashings for the next UFO and plan to get that one done this week. I've been busy quilting and getting the next lot of quilts ready to be shipped out. Yesterday I also picked up a large bag of curtain fabric which was donated for the charity quilts and I've cut half of it into 10" sqs. It's heavier fabric but it will be ideal for quilts for Pakistan. I want to get some of those tops put together this week too.
Here's the 20 year old Braid Quilt I finished last week. It was 3/4 done and has fabric from my kid's clothes etc. It's going with the Pakistan shipment this week and it's great to have another one done.

12 Comments:

Blogger Kairle Oaks said...

Your braid quilt turned out beautifully. I'd like to make one someday, but sure hope that it won't take me 20 years! LOL!
Kairle

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - some great fabrics in that one! I love this pattern but have never made one - it's on the neverending "to do" list LOL.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

What a great quilt Jan, it's very bright and happy. I made one years ago from a Mary Ellen Hopkins booklet..they are fun.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Your braid quilt is gorgeous! Another one on my to-do list!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

That is so pretty - I'm planning a braid quilt in blues but I really like your multi color version.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

Some lucky person will happily wrap up in this quilt and think of the person across the world who made it. It's so bright and cheery it will certainly bring a smile to their face.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I did a braid border on a round robin about 10 years ago and have always wanted to make a whole quilt for myself. One day....

11:02 AM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Some very interesting fabric in that quilt! That is the nice thing about braid quilts - they really look great with a large variety of fabrics! I have 1 braid panel done and am thinking of putting on the back of a different quilt... so mine is a UFO too, but it isn't 20 years old... yet!

Cheers!

Evelyn

1:56 PM  
Blogger The Calico Cat said...

Lovely scrappy quilt - goes to show that everything together is beautiful!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Cher said...

all that work and time and you donated the quilt-wow-you are very generous Jan Mac! It sure will be appreciated and used.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Samantha said...

Wonderful progress, and the braid quilt looks fantastic!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Granny said...

Jan, you are so generous with all your quilts! I love your braid quilt.
Judy L.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home