Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Another shipment of quilts

It's been another busy week with another quilt shipment going out. I was able to send out 92 quilts this month as 68 finished quilts were donated by others. The rest were mainly large quilts with many tops being donated by generous quilters.
I also sent off crocheted blankets and all the donations are going to the areas of Pakistan affected by the earthquake.
Here are some of the blankets I sent.
Now I'm back to finishing off UFOs as well as quilting more tops. I have so many 2" strips from all the fabric I've been cutting that I can see another Braid quilt in my future. The reason it took me so long to make the other was I used a template and lost it when we moved house. Then I realized that 2" strips of about 5" long would match and then I trimmed them to 4.5". Using sashing between them made it easy instead of trying to match the braids up.
Thanks for all your kind comments.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie K. Hunter said...

You've been so busy Jan! The afghans look great...colorful and cozy! And I love the braid quilt too!

Bonnie

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those blankets look great! Glad you're able to work on your own things as well as all these quilts that you give away to others. I love the braid quilt too :-)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

whew...that is a huge amount of quilts/afghans going to help out! you are one busy woman!

10:43 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

You will be greatly blessed! What an amazing thing you are doing!
Hugs
Laurie

12:35 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Wonderful accomplishment for one month Jan!! My congratulations!! I know alot of hard work went to each of those. The afghans look wonderful, very warm, comforting and happy colors...*VBS*

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home