Sunday, September 03, 2006

Another vintage quilt


This is one of my favourite vintage quilts. It's from the US and is a 1930s quilt which was probably larger and the worn outer area had been removed. I rebound it and I love the soft colours and how thin it is. It's beautifully quilted at 8 stitches per inch and every 1/2 inch is covered by quilting.
It's showing a few worn areas but I'm looking after it carefully to preserve it, but still have the joy of looking at it.
These vintage quilts I'm finishing are some of the few I keep for myself. Ibought them from a US antique dealer in the early 1990s. I have lots more to finish off and have added them to my list of UFOs to finish. Hope you enjoy them too.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

Yes it is lovely Jan. How many do you have?

3:30 AM  
Blogger Finn said...

It's a lovely old beauty Jan, and yes, I suspect part has been cut away. Someone really LOVED quilting, as that is a lot of quilting for a fairly ordinary quilt.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I went through a stage where I was buying quilts from Ebay. I bought some new ones to finish and donate and I bought some older tops and some older blocks to finish but so far I haven't finished any of the older quilts yet. I stopped buying them but if I ever get caught up I'd buy more.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Hedgehog said...

Look at all that quilting! Wow!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I love seeing your antique quilts and blocks.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home