Sunday, August 13, 2006

Getting back into my routine



These are the 8th and 9th UFO finishes for this year. The photos aren't great but you get the idea. I'm just hand stitching the binding down on my 10th UFO and will post a photo soon. I made a list of the UFOs I wanted to finish first but seem to be working on lots that aren't on the list. It's just good to get them done so I'm going with whatever I feel like finishing at the moment. The basket quilt was to have 12 hand appliqued blocks and is about 14 years old. I found that I'd finished 5 and 1/2 blocks so I finished the 6th block and then found 2 blocks I'd made with the same fabric. I used white for these blocks and cream for the others so I tea-dyed them to match the basket blocks. I was going to piece the inset triangle blocks but found the fabric looked pretty without being pieced so now it's done and will be donated to the local women's refuge. The other quilt was a family siggy quilt from a family reunion on my mother's side and it's now hanging in her room at the care unit. I gave it to her the day before we left on our trip and I'm very happy that I got it finished as she loves it and it helped her transition to being in "care".

7 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

you are doing such a great job of staying focused and working through UFO's. Way to Go!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

You are really going after those UFOs! These two look great.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Susan H. said...

Great job on making those UFO's go away. Gives the rest of us something to strive for..

6:34 PM  
Blogger Granny said...

Jan, glad to have you back! The quilts look good, especially the siggie quilt . . they're so neat!

Judy L.

9:45 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

I have finished several of my mothers UFO's and taken them to her, she too is in a care facility...her room is full of color from all the quilts, wallhangings and lapquilts she has with her.

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and working through those UFOs - feels good to get them done! Are you still doing your charity quilting?

5:22 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Numbers 8 and 9 look wonderful!! I'm very impressed with your solution in #8. As a scrap quilter, I find it's so easy to start more than I'll ever finish. And then I find myself, like you, with "part" of the blocks needed for a quilt and no desire to finish up what I started. Yours is a great soulution to that, thanks for sharing it. And after reading the post below or a couple below, I do hope you'll keep blogging..you have great ideas!! *VBS*

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home