Sunday, March 26, 2006

4th UFO quilt again

This is a close-up of the quilt to show that beautiful border print. It was a sampler quilt I made about 10 years ago and it's great to have another one finished.
I seem to have lost time this week as I'm back at work and have also been busy busting stash. I've donated15 large garbage bags of fabric unsuitable for quilts and thrown out another 2 bags worth. I'm also folding my fabrics as I handle them and they are fitting on the shelves better. I have also beeen measuring fabrics and labelling them for backings to make it easier tio find the right size for the tops. Time to get some more quilts done now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Linda C said...

way to go, Jan Mac, on flinging the stuff you cannot use for quilting. Now as you fold, you will have even more room for your fabrics and have a better idea of just how much yardage is available as well.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

That quilt is really lovely. And has give me some ideas for finishing up some sampler blocks I have laying around here.

I agree with Linda - more space for the good stuff! Congrats on getting it all organized!

8:58 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

It's tempting to fling some fabric just to see a dent in my stash. The quilts don't seem to be making much of one. I have plenty of those *what was I thinking* fabrics.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I like the way you've incorporated pieces of the border fabric in each of the sample block. Really ties it together nicely!

8:28 AM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

I need to try that: DISCARDING fabric I won't ever use!
Jeanne :)

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home