Thursday, August 17, 2006

My 10th UFO finish


This is my 10th UFO finish for the year and it was one of the more recent ones. It was a siggy swap with other Quiltswapper (internet group) quilters in 2003. I like the way it looks and made it to fit the quilt hanger I have in the family room.
I am still busywith my charity quilts and am busy getting another shipment ready. I try to finish 8 to 10 a week and most of them are other quilters' UFOs. I put photos of those on my webshots page.
Most of my UFOs are also being donated to charity and it's wonderful to have them off the shelves and being put to use. A few days before we went on holidays I was invited to be a paid guest at a Quilt-In in Melbourne. The wonderful ladies passed the hat around and donated enough money to pay for a roll of batting which was a fabulous gift.
I haven't started Judy L's challeneg yet but plan to get on to it soon. LOL

11 Comments:

Blogger Kim West said...

great job about the UFO finish!!

8:44 PM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

This quilt is beautiful. I can understand why you made it to fit the quilt hanger :-)

9:00 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love your quilt! What a great way to use up scraps! Ten UFOs is quite an achievement.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

a lovely quilt and done! way to go

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

That's a lovely quilt Jan. I linked to you from Cynthia's comments. I live near Brisbane

1:49 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

It looks lovely. Jan Mac. Am I correct in looking at this from a scrappy QST's that form hour glass blocks and then sashed--or are there more ways to "skin a cat" so to speak?

7:47 AM  
Blogger Jan Mac said...

Thank you all for your kind comments. This quilt was a singature block swap. The blocks are 4.5" in size and are HST with a diagonal light strip across the centre which the swapper signed with their name, state etc. The light strips formed a nice lattice effect on the quilt.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Great job on the UFO finish. It looks great.

2:52 AM  
Blogger Susan H. said...

10 UFO's completed in 8 months? Great accomplishment. I have 5 UFO's BEGUN and incomplete this year. Gotta get busy. Your quilts are lovely.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Finn said...

Hi Jan, I love the block you gals used for the siggy swap. It's so effective and yet so simple.
Great job on being at #10 finished!! That UFO pile should be down to nothing soon..*VBS*

8:20 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Well done on finishing your UFO. It's lovely.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home