Thursday, September 28, 2006

13th UFO finished for 2006


I found some more UFOs packed away and decided to finish this one. It was originally a small wall hanging and I had made all the blocks. Then the pattern was for appliqued hearts to be applied around the border. I decided to make it a bit bigger and leave the hearts off so it would be finished. I'm donating it to the local hospital for use with a premature baby and it's great to have another finish.
I also quilted a special quilt for donation to a child with a leukaemia. She had chosen horses for her theme and the sqs were cross stitched by volunteers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda C said...

You are so giving with your time and talents, Jan Mac. Good job. I like the big crosshatching idea on the quilting on the bears.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

Two very special quilts are destined for two very special children. I am sure your generosity is appreciated by the recipients!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

Wow, that little girls will really love that horse quilt. I know I would have as a girl. Isn't every young girl in love with horses?

12:54 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

YOu are a great finisher Jan. The quilts look great, and I'm sure they will be appreciated.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Love your plaid bears!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

well done on completing the quilts. They look great.

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home