Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Another Classic Swap

I belong to a wonderful online group of quilters called the Classics. We met online about 10 years ago and have a closed list so we can get to know each other better. We started with 31 and now have 15 members who all keep in touch regularly. We conduct block swaps etc andthis is the swap to commerate our 10 years together. It's the Carrie Nation block and 12 of us are swapping two blocks with every member of the swap. It should make a lovely quilt and will bring us loving memories of my dear friends.
We've been there for each other through all our life events and it's like having your own cheer squad to support you.
Three of us are Aussies and the rest are scattered across the US. I'm very grateful that I'm a Classic and hope to meet all our members one day.
PS the bear blocks in my previous post are 4.5" finished so it was a quick finish and now I'm working on the next UFO as well as a quilt for a boy with a life threatening illness. I hope to get that one finished tonight.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jenni said...

It looks great Jan. Is that a humility block I see? I belong to a list (not quilting) that I have been part of for many years. I have met some of the Aussies on the list, but not the Americans. One of the Aussies went to the States this year and met quite a few. It is amazing how you can make such easy friendships with people you have never met.

2:16 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

sounds like a wonderful group of friends around the world. They'll be thrilled to get your contribution to the swap

6:02 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

The quilt looks great. Are all of them the same color or do you specify what color you want?

7:52 AM  
Blogger MARCIE said...

Love the simplicity and the RED! How nice having a close group like that.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

That is a classic block made by some classic ladies it would appear. I have seen the block on my perpetual calendar atop my computer and I have often wondered what it would look like as a top. Well done!

6:12 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I like the way it looks laid out on the floor. What a lovely group - 10 years is a long time to stay together.

1:04 AM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

the blocks look very nice. What a great way to remember your online friends by making these blocks.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Nicole & Phil said...

What a fabulous quilt, and sounds likea fabulous group of friends. I hope this quilt will always give ou fond memories of your friendships that you have made. I love seeing all your UFO's finished...you put me to shame! LOL
Maybe next year I will be better!
I have added your blog to my list of favourites, so I can pop by and see what other amazing quilts you have finished!
Cheers
Nicole, Berlin, Germany

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home