Tuesday, October 10, 2006

New Cross Stitch Quilt finished

This is the new cross stitch quilt to be donated to a boy with a life threatening illness. He requested a "fishing" theme. I can't take any credit for the blocks as they were stitched by others, so I just put them together and finished the quilt. I used fabric with fish for the borders.
Also thank you for your kind comments about the Classics swap blocks. We are all making them with red in the large sqs and white, cream or tan for the other large sqs and an assortment of colours for the dark sqs. I plan to get this one finished when I receive all the blocks back, so it doesn't become a UFO. I'll post a photo when it's done.

3 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

I'm sure he'll be very pleased and comforted by the fishing quilt...

5:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

It looks wonderful! His name is Joshua? What a great way to personalize it!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

what a lovely quilt. I'm sure he will be very happy with it.

5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home