Wednesday, February 07, 2007

2nd UFO finish for the year

This is the second UFO finish for the year. It is a 1940s top I bought from a US antique dealer. It had been used as a summer coverlet and I machine stipple quilted it. I had been going to hand quilt it but decided it was better to have it finished than still in the cupboard.
I have lots more to finish and I've been busy quilting other people's UFOs to donate to charity. I've been having trouble with blogger but as I finally managed to swap to the new version today, I hope the problems are over.
Catch you all later.

7 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

This is so pretty. I have a few tops I really want to hand quilt too but more and more I'm entertaining the idea of just going ahead and machine quilting. Done is better than perfect any day.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

How cute! Yes, I agree done by machine is better than sitting around forever waiting to be done by hand!

8:58 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

certainly why I do so much machine quilting! Jean- please contact me with your address-you are the big year end winner of stashbusters fqs...

9:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a treasure you found in this top! I agree, machine quilt and get it out of the closet.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

What a sweet quilt! Good that will finally see the light of day. After all, the quilter from years past didn't get it finished. Hand quilting might have made it more authentic to the period but little use as just a top, right?

7:00 PM  
Blogger Hanne said...

Very good going on your Ufo finishes. Both quilts are very cute and I think you are good finishing them and love them instead of letting them sit around forever.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

I have that pattern! I modified it a little and made a lot of blocks in a floral swap. I got it from Laurene Sinema at the Quilted Apple in Phoenix. She's dead now and the store's been sold, but I still have the pattern. That's a beautiful top!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home