Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Busy times


I thank you for all your kind words. Sadly my uncle passed away suddenly a week ago and my mother's condition continues to deteriorate. On a positive note I deleivered the last shipment of donated quilts for the year as well as 3 crocheted blankets, 32 knitted scarves and 28 knitted hats as well as some knitted socks etc. This brings the donated total of quilts to 277 for the year and although I have some more ready to go now they will go in next year's shipment.
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year. I'm still trying to clean out my sewing room and have made some progress but it is a big job. I'm also sewing blocks into tops so I'll have plenty of tops to quilt when time allows.
In the meantime here's another donated top that I quilted for the last shipment.

4 Comments:

Blogger quiltpixie said...

may you find comfort and peace in the coming days... :-)

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good wishes to you and your family at a difficult time. The chicken quilt is so fun :-)

12:04 AM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

What a cute top. I don't know how you get so much done. I'm sorry to hear that your mother still isn't doing well. I know how difficult that is. Take care.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

My condolences on your uncle's passing. That top is adorable, and you've outdone yourself with the charity items!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home