Saturday, January 06, 2007

New Beginnings


Last year was one of challenges and mixed blessings and I'm hoping that this one is better. I have decided to make a concerted effort to finish off my own UFOs as well as keeping up with the number of charity quilts I donate. Most of my UFOs will be donated as well. I also need to clean out more stash and get the sewing room in order and I'm sure that most of us are thinking the same thing.
I've made a list of 20 UFOs and have finished two off the list so far and will post photos soon. I've also made a quilt using the QAYG method using strips of fabric and batting. It was a great way to use up those skinny pieces of batting and I have another one in progress. It hasn't made much difference to my sewing room yet but I'll keep trying LOL.

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda C said...

It looks wonderful, Jan Mac. I admire your continued committment to the donation quilt because as you said, you had some challenges this past year.

6:21 PM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Happy New Year, Jan! Hope 2007 is good to you.
I'm doing the 'reorganize and clear out' thing, too!
Hugs ~ Jeanne

8:00 PM  
Blogger Silverthimble said...

I love your string quilt! Quilt as you go ensures that it doesn't sit as a flimsy! Excellent idea to use up those narrow bits of batting we end up with after finishing a quilt!

9:33 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I like the string quilt - did you find it a pain to assemble the quilt blocks?

10:17 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

I like your QAYG string quilt. When I start making whole Heartstring quilts myself I've thought about doing them this way. Much easier than trying to mush a quilt around my DSM.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Joyce said...

Your QAYG is a great idea. I have bags and bags of batting pieces taking up room. Maybe a string quilt is in order. I love the look of your string quilt.

5:07 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Love your string quilt! These look so good, no matter what they have in them.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Laurie Ann said...

I have one of those that has been sitting around because I am intimidated by the process of putting the squares together. Hopefully seeing your great quilt will motivate me to finish mine up.

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home