Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Some more UFO's finished

It's been a busy time as my Mum isn't well. She had another stroke and was unresponsive so we prepared for her passing and she woke up after 9 hours. She has improved a bit and is eating and drinking again now but the Dr expects she will have another stroke as they are becoming more frequent. I've promised some Xmas table toppers and a wall hanging for the dementia care unit where she lives, so that is next on my list of projects.
I've also been busy getting the next shipment of charity quilts ready to post and this is one of the donated UFOs I finished. I have over 70 quilts to send off and most are large so will be much appreciated. More photos to follow now that I'm back blogging again. I have been reading lots of blogs as time allows, but not always leaving comments so please know that I'm still here in the ring.

14 Comments:

Blogger Inga said...

I'm impressed how much you have done in 2006. I like the pattern and the colours in this one.

Inga

2:04 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Oh Jan, I'm so sorry about your Mum. Heart-felt thoughts and prayers are being sent your way. The quilt is lovely...and WOW, 70! That's awesome!
Angie
www.threadcatcher.blogspot.com

2:12 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm so sorry about your Mum, that's rough.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Mary Johnson said...

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. Glad you can find some time to quilt as I think quilting helps us get through difficult times.

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this pattern - it's always striking. I've sent you a parcel of tops and fabric - hope you can use them :-) Thanks for doing what you do.

8:40 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

I'm very impressed with all the charity work you do. That's a beauty hanging there.

I'm sorry about your mother. It's very hard, I know.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Jan. Good to see you back. As for the quilt, it's lovely. I think I'm going to start a campaign to see the quilt holders 'behind' the quilt!

12:24 AM  
Blogger  Jeanne said...

Keeping your Mom and you in my thoughts.
Jeanne

7:45 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

We're glad you have you post whenever you can but I'm so sorry to hear the reason you've not been around. (((HUGS))) to you and prayers that she gets better.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Hanne said...

I am so sorry about your mom.
Quilting is good in both good and bad days. Sending strong thoughts to you !

12:22 AM  
Blogger Linda C said...

Sorry to hear about your mom's difficulties, Jan Mac. Must be hard on all of you.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Cher said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mom...my heart is with you on this. hurray for the great amount of charity quilts ready to send off..I know how that is..I have collected or made some of the 23 I have for the charity I support. great way to finish ufos and move on.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

great blog!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Jan - sorry to hear of your Mom's failing health, never an easy thing to deal with. My thoughts are with you.

Cheers!

Evelyn

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home