Thursday, November 23, 2006

Another UFO done

Thanks for all your kind words about my Mum. She has improved but her personality has changed and she thinks I'm one of her carers and doesn't like me. That may change again but I'm trying to stay focused on my Mum as she was.
I've been making Xmas table runners for the dementia unit so they can add a bit of colour to her surroundings.
In the meantime here's another UFO someone donated for one of my charities. The pansy fabric is beautiful and will be much loved by the recipient. I only quilted and bound this one.
I hope those who celebrate Thanksgiving are having a lovely peaceful family holiday. DH and I are enjoying watching Australia and England play cricket in The Ashes series, and I'm handsewing and finishing off UFOs. Hope to have another photo of a finish tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Hanne said...

I hope your mother gets better soon. I know it is taking a high toll on you when she can not recognize you. Strong thoughts and hugs to you !
Lovely quilt.

4:46 AM  
Blogger quiltpixie said...

I think one of the hardest things is to care for a family member who doesn't remember who you are... Know that your being a great daughter, and your mom would approve if she was herself :-)

5:47 AM  
Blogger catsmum said...

hang in there Jan ... any chance you could get down to Castlemaine in the New Year? we're thinking another Fringe Retreat might be in order.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Linda C said...

This is has got to be hard time for your whole family. You know she is not herself at this stage and wouldn't say such things ordinarily but it knowing that intellectually doesn't make in any easier emotionally.

Lovely quilt! Can you share your pattern source?

2:59 PM  
Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

I am a community quilter here in Salem, Oregon, US. I do primarily charity quilting, too, so I can really relate to your blog and the quilts you make! It is good to think of what you have had, and just be and accept how different they are now. You sound like a strong and capable woman and as hard as this is, that you can still reach out and give and give is amazing and wonderful!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Betty J in OKC said...

Great job on your Twisted Ribbons. I started it. It was a mystery pattern from "A Pocketfull of Mysteries" on Yahoo groups. I'm trying to get focussed so I can do the Dec mystery and the mystery for 2007. I got some '30's FQs for them yesterday.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home